Events for 20th January 2019
- Date: 20th January 2019 - 27th January 2019
- Every day
- Location: Long Room
- Time: 10:00 - 17:00
- Cost: Free
An educational Exhibition.
In the week leading up to Holocaust Memorial Day on 20 January there will be a “Never Again” educational exhibition with guest speakers in Oxford Town Hall to remember the devastation of the Holocaust and remind us why we need to counter racism and intolerance today. The exhibition will comprise of a series of displays of text, pictures and talks that will take up the following themes:
- The extermination of 6 million Jews and 7 million other people deemed “undesirable” by the Nazi regime.
- The victim groups and the ways they were scapegoated and marginalised including legal forms of exclusion.
- The driving forces behind the holocaust.
- The development of mass extermination and death camps.
- Fascism today and their modern targets.
- Similarities with today and the 1930's.
- Resistance to fascism and racism.
Oxford Vegan Market
- Date: 20th January 2019
- Location: Assembly Room first floor
- Time: 10:30 - 16:00
- Cost: Admission £2
Head to www.veganmarkets.co.uk for more details
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian or just interested we’re sure you’ll enjoy the market and find lots of things you love! The Vegan Market will be filled with over 50 stalls selling a huge a variety of vegan products. We’ll have everything from amazing vegan food from around the world to luxury vegan cosmetics and from ethical clothing to interesting charities.