Events for 25th January 2019
- Date: 20th January 2019 - 27th January 2019
- Every day
- Location: Long Room
- Time: 10:00 - 17:00
- Cost: Free
An educational Exhibition.
In the week leading up to Holocaust Memorial Day on 20 January there will be a “Never Again” educational exhibition with guest speakers in Oxford Town Hall to remember the devastation of the Holocaust and remind us why we need to counter racism and intolerance today. The exhibition will comprise of a series of displays of text, pictures and talks that will take up the following themes:
- The extermination of 6 million Jews and 7 million other people deemed “undesirable” by the Nazi regime.
- The victim groups and the ways they were scapegoated and marginalised including legal forms of exclusion.
- The driving forces behind the holocaust.
- The development of mass extermination and death camps.
- Fascism today and their modern targets.
- Similarities with today and the 1930's.
- Resistance to fascism and racism.
The Skids (concert)
- Date: 25th January 2019
- Location: Main Hall
- Time: 19:00
- Cost: £27.50
The Skids formed in 1977 in their home town of Dunfermline, Scotland and are embarking on their first tour in almost 40 years.
The Skids formed in 1977 in their home town of Dunfermline, Scotland. After releasing an independent single the band were played by BBC Radio One's John Peel, supported The Clash in concert and then were signed to Virgin Records in 1978. Their first singles were "Sweet Surburbia", "The Saints are Coming" and "Into the Valley" - the latter reaching the UK Top Ten in early 1979.
Further singles "Masquerade" and "Working for the Yankee Dollar" followed.The band released highly acclaimed albums "Scared To Dance", "The Absolute Game"and "Joy" before splitting in 1982.
The Skids are: Richard Jobson, Bill Simpson, Mike Baillie, Bruce Watson & Jamie Watson.
THE RAMONAS now confirmed as the support act.
Tickets available from https://www.seetickets.com/event/skids/oxford-town-hall/1201164